We are here to provide end of life care that will allow your pet to live his final days comfortably at home
At Hill & Harbour Veterinary Center, we understand the difficult decisions pet owners make toward the end of their loved ones’ lives. We are here to help provide end-of-life care that will allow a pet to live comfortably at home for as long as possible.
We will take the following steps to ensure the very best for your pet’s final days:
- Assess your pet’s current quality of life
- Help improve your pet’s quality of life using medicine to manage pain and ease your pet’s anxiety that often accompanies aging.
- Discuss changes to your pet’s lifestyle and routines.
- Consult with specialists and partners for additional help, if needed.
- Offer interim strategies to increase your pet’s quality of life before end-of-life discussions begin.
When an acceptable quality of life can no longer be maintained, we will discuss humane euthanasia. Our team will be there to support you every step of the way. We’ll cater to your and your pet’s needs. You can spend as much time with your pet before, during, and after the end-of-life process. You can sit right by their side to comfort them.
In addition to the veterinarians at our practice, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVAMA) is great resource for pet owners regarding euthanasia. Their website offers advice for the grieving process along with bereavement hotline numbers.
Please contact us when it’s time to discuss your pet’s end of life care options.