Here’s a plan to help keep your pup safe and stress-free this 4th of July
It’s that time of year again! Summer is in full swing and, while us humans absolutely love those backyard barbecues, late summer nights, and firework displays, these loud noises and increased activity can cause some anxiety in our four-legged friends. Therefore, here are some tips to diminish your pet’s fireworks frenzy…
- Get plenty of exercise with your pet during the day to decrease any pent up nerves/energy when the fireworks start.
- Provide a safe space for your pet in a familiar and comfortable room inside. Play some calming Anti Anxiety Music for Dogs, white noise, or the TV to help drown out the fireworks. Ensure all doors and windows are closed.
- Distract with high value treats and toys ➡️ try a Kong with frozen peanut butter to keep them busy and happy.
- Consider an anti-anxiety wrap like the Thundershirt Calming Wrap to provide gentle pressure that helps decrease anxiety and stress for some pets.
- Make sure your pet has proper identification – Check your pet’s identification tag for up to date contact information. Tip: If you don’t have time to order a tag with accurate information, you can always use a luggage tag to add your information and attach it to the collar.
- Microchip your pet to help your local officials get your fur-baby back to you in the chance they do fearfully flee… Although microchips are not tracking devices, they do help lost pets be reunited with their parents. Make sure your contact information is up-to-date, and if your pet isn’t microchipped ➡️ Use your app to request a microchip appointment today! Even if it is too late for the upcoming holiday, it is good general practice to have your pet micro-chipped.
- Contact us if you’d like to discuss prescription sedatives and other options to help decrease the fireworks trauma for your furry-friend.
Stay safe this summer and happy 4th!