At the heart of preventative medicine is a thorough general exam and an open line of communication. At Hill & Harbour Veterinary Center, time is generously dedicated to the doctor performing a comprehensive examination of your pet and answering all questions or concerns that you may have. Furthermore, we will help craft a healthcare plan designed to meet your wants, needs, and expectations in a clean, caring, and non-judgmental environment.
Although needs vary between our canine and feline friends, you can expect a similar experience at your pet's general wellness visit, including:
- 30 minute nose-to-tail examination
- Discussion and adminstration of necessary vaccinations (please refer to our vaccination guidelines for more information prior to your visit)
- Fecal testing for intestinal parasites
- Bloodwork screening for heartworm, tick-borne diseases and a general wellness panel for our puppy, kitten and senior (7+ years) friends
- Parasite prevention program for fleas, ticks, heartworm, mites, and intestinal parasites
- Diet/weight evaluation and discussion of any nutritional supplements
- Dental evaluation (please refer to our dental health page for more information regarding this important but often overlooked area of veterinary medicine)
To help aid in the cost of thorough, high-quality care for your dog or cat, we have developed our Prevention Plus Club, which budgets the cost of all the wellness items listed above into twelve equal monthly installments.
In addition, complimentary exams and discounts are built into the program, saving the average Prevention Plus Club member over $150 a year! Click here for more information.